< Back to Careers
Hyperspectral Imaging Specialist
Date Posted: 02/04/2023
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role
Qualifications: The successful candidate needs to have a demonstrated understanding of reflectance spectroscopy and close-range hyperspectral imaging systems. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Exploit already-collected hyperspectral database to perform rock physics and mineral characterization.
- Lead the backend algorithm development for hyperspectral image processing for rock characterization.
- Collaborate with other team members on parallel development projects.
The following qualities are considered an asset for this position:
- Proficiency in spectroscopic analysis methods required for hyperspectral image processing.
- Experience using open-source programming languages including Python, R, or MATLAB and associated libraries for hyperspectral image processing.
- Experience using hardware for hyperspectral data acquisition.
- Work independently, familiar with research projects (problem solving, experimental design, long-term planning)
Scient values diversity and inclusiveness. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented communities including Indigenous persons, women, persons with a disability, racialized persons, and LGBTQ+ persons.