About the Role
The intern will work with a team of engineers to develop a streamlined workflow for scanning rock samples in mining using non-destructive techniques.
• Experience using open-source programming languages including Python, R, or MATLAB and associated libraries for image processing.
• Familiarity with industrial imagery data acquisition systems (thermal, hyperspectral, x-ray)
• Proficiency in image processing methods for line scan systems is an asset
• Work independently, familiar with research projects (problem solving, experimental design, long-term planning)
• Technical background in multiple sensor integrations and actuators, and control systems for product development
• Experience with line-scan inspection systems
• Experience in Circuit Analysis
• Experience in new product development with a focus on industrial automation and robotics
Scient values diversity and inclusiveness. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented communities including Indigenous persons, women, persons with a disability, racialized persons, and LGBTQ+ persons.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Note: Use the cover letter as an opportunity to elaborate on your previous involvements in similar projects or work experience that make you a good candidate for this position.