About the Role
Job Description: Scient Analytics is looking to hire an intern to support ocean research and develop new business activity for our natural resources assessment product portfolio. The successful applicant will work in the following three modalities:
1. Market research:
• Community outreach to and raising awareness about Scient capabilities
• Drive primary research for developing and evaluating current stakeholders in ocean monitoring using imagery data
• Carry out secondary research and interview key stakeholders (Government agencies, ocean-research institutes, and private sector)
• Work closely with team members to understand the competitive landscape, market size and technology trends.
2. New Business Development:
• Collaborate with stakeholders to draft and develop research proposals
• Assist with cross-functional business development activities to streamline processes
• Conduct web research to uncover appropriate contacts, teams, policies, and projects based on Scient product portfolio
• Document all activities and interactions internally
• Design and organize content for meetings, webinars, and conference presentations
• Create online content and lead social media platforms to convey research findings to stakeholders
• Review industry events and create a managed, trackable calendar
• Review and archive existing presentations on company SharePoint; build and prepare new presentations as necessary
• Enrolled in a post-secondary program in Marine Biology, Biological Oceanography, or relevant fields
• Fluency in French is a plus
Scient values diversity and inclusiveness. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented communities including Indigenous persons, women, persons with a disability, racialized persons, and LGBTQ+ persons.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Note: Use the cover letter as an opportunity to elaborate on your previous involvements in similar projects or work experience that make you a good candidate for this position.